Bangaii Cardinals Pellet food?

isomorphic85

just got 2 bangaii cardinals into the QT tank yesterday, fed some NLS pellets today ... they took it in and spit it out...

tried feeding some frozen mysis and they went crazy over it.

Wondering if bangaii cardinals will eat pellet food? how can I try and get them to eat the pellets?

should I not feed the mysis and only feed pellets?

I wish you good luck. I have pajama cardinals and have tried 5 different kinds of dry foods. They won't touch it. I normally mix it up with mysis, other frozen foods and then dry, alternating days. Everybody eats everything, except the cardinals. If it's dry they won't touch it.

Mine were in qt and still never took to dry, so I gave in. On the days I feed the tank dry food (every third day usually) they elect to go hungry. They are the culinary snobs of my tank. ;)

Really? I didn't expect these comments. Simply because my bangaii cardinals eat everything I put in the tank. Flakes, pellets, live, frozen, everything. Not only that, but all the bangaii cardinals I've had in the past have taken all types of food also. Am I just very lucky or doing something wrong lol.

Mine won't touch anything but frozen or live. But since I've cut way back on flake and pellet, almost to none at all, feeding frozen isn't an issue. I feed daily.

Mine take Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 pellets.

They (and the clowns and Royal Gramma) were on strike for a few weeks, then they gave in. I still feed frozen food a couple times a week.

I have one pj card that will eat it and one that won't. And when it comes to flakes they are opposite.

When I had them in qt they spit out NLS pellets. I had the 1 mm size. I tried the 0.5 mm and they were willing to eat that. Well one of them. What size pellets do you have? A lot of my juvenile fish spit out the 1 mm but eat the 0.5 mm

Try smaller pellets 0.5 mm. Mine wouldn't eat them either when I tried the 1 mm now almost all my fish love the pellets

Dry fish food, pellets and flakes, are made up of mostly two ingredients, fish or krill meal and terrestrial plant fillers and binders. The meal that goes into pet food is the left over crap that has had all the commercially valuable ingredients removed for human consumption. Another source of fish meal used in pet food is made up of "morts". The fish that have died in commercial fish farming and is not fit for sale anywhere else. Fish farmers have three options for these fish. Bury them in a land fill, burn them, or sell them to the pet trade which allows this because of a lack of regulations. The other main ingredients in dry food is either wheat, soy, or alfalfa. Marine fish have evolved eating algae on a reef and not plants on a farm. They are not meant to eat this material. Dry food is like cigarettes, it won`t hurt the fish now, but the more it is used and the longer it is used adds up. Read the labels of dry food. Do yourself and your fish a favor and stick with fresh, live, or frozen foods they are meant to eat. The fish will be healthier in the long run.

My royal gramma HATES New Life Spectrum and anything else with garlic. Spits it right out, but will eat other pellet brands and seems to prefer Ocean Nutrition Formula 1.

my bangaii will not touch pellets or flake. the only dry food it eats is freeze dried blackworms which it loves.

My royal gramma HATES New Life Spectrum and anything else with garlic. Spits it right out, but will eat other pellet brands and seems to prefer Ocean Nutrition Formula 1.

Same with mine.

Unlike their freshwater counterparts, none if my saltwater fish touches any NLS pellets. I might try 0.5mm size pellets, like Marchillo suggested.

when i put two ocellaris clowns in they did the same thing in the beginning they kept spitting out any pellets but after a few days they started eating it and they've consistently eaten it since.. wondering if the cardinals would do the same.

I did try smaller pellets as well with the same result the .5 mm they were hikari brand

Back