Bargain Bin Coral ID

farfromsea

Hi all

LFS closing down had a 50% off sale. Bought some pieces and not entirely sure what they are but I have some guesses. One piece has looked like garbage since I bought it but I had just gotten back in from out of town and was a little delirious...somewhat regret buying it. But final sale.

Thoughts or confirmation on these?
Rhodactis mushroom:
20230611_124737.jpg

This is probably dead/dying. Dipped in Red Sea Dip-X and Kent's Lugol's solution (same day, hours apart). Favia? Chalice? It fluffy up more at various times of the day. The eye being open is rather alarming but the salesman had no idea what it was so I can't improve placement...
20230612_164556.jpg

I have to agree for the first 3. Second I’m thinking acan enchinata but not 100%. 4th I’m not sure

I have to agree for the first 3. Second I’m thinking acan enchinata but not 100%. 4th I’m not sure
4th will probably just be bristleworm food at this point but I'll keep nursing it to life. The last Monti I had was plating with no apparent eyes. The 3rd chalice/monti has white eyes that I'm nervous are a sign of doom rather than aesthetic lol

This is probably dead/dying. Dipped in Red Sea Dip-X and Kent's Lugol's solution (same day, hours apart). Favia? Chalice? It fluffy up more at various times of the day. The eye being open is rather alarming but the salesman had no idea what it was so I can't improve placement...
View attachment 32386354
Update #4 its identity is still unknown. This coral has become much healthier since putting it in my tank! It has grown marginally and its flesh grew back. The feeder tentacles are out tonight for the first time I've seen which is heartening. The update photo has been edited to enhance definition ...

Any ideas?
20230706_220808.jpg

Another view (not enhanced) from earlier this month:
20230619_142815.jpg

Back