Bashsea Delima, need opinions

asmodyus

So I purchased a new 30x14x16 Sump from Bashsea now when i ordered it I was told that it would have a bubble trap instead of a baffle wall from the First chamer to the 2nd chamber.

Like this Model
1425421212.jpg

This is the one I got with the baffle wall.

GN1aYkW

GN1aYkW

GN1aYkW

ZvCUZGM

Now I was told the Baffle wall is the new way and the bubble trap is the old way.

What should I do send it back get the bubble trap one or keep the Babble wall?

I like the baffle wall myself. Makes water changes super easy. Drain the sump, refill it and done.

it depends i guess. after seeing your new pics - you wont be able to fully drain the sump for water changes. you'll still have around ~4 inches of water in the first chamber - even when you remove the adjustable baffle.

How's that going to trap bubbles by the way? Are you supposed to move the baffle up instead of it sitting in it's lowest position so there it traps the bubbles on top and allows water to flow underneath the baffle? That's kind of weird but if it works - well ok then.

So the questions to ask are: is the adjustable baffle going to meet your needs for a stable water level in the skimmer chamber? Do you really get that many microbubbles from your skimmer? The bubbles you get from the drain will dissipate fairly quickly in 30 inches of space so I don't think you need to worry about that.

I guess it also depends on how adamant you are on getting what you ordered. If you wanted a bubble trap and didn't get it - is that a big deal to you?

yeah I dunno either I'm going to be using the middle chamber as a refugium so I don't know just really don't want to have bubbles in the refugium chamber.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I cannot return this any interest in it Bashsea 30x14x16" Bio-Fuge Sump - BLUE $325.00 New still in the BOX

Back