Bashsea Sump Advice

I'm in the process of building my new 150 reef tank and got a smoking deal on a Bashsea ELOS Smart Series sump.
It's big! 36"x24"x16"

All I have is a Life Reef skimmer and a BRS carbon reactor. I'm not really looking to do a refugium... maybe some Marine Pure blocks so I don't have to fill the DT with as much live rock. So I'm thinking skimmer and reactor (possibly run off the same pump) in the second chamber and call it good.... Maybe even have dual return pumps for redundancy.

I'll have three 1" drains coming off an Exotic Marine Systems overflow. It looks like the bulkheads on this sump are 1.5". I'm thinking about just terminating the primary (with gate valve) and secondary drains with hose barb ends and running 1" silicone tubing loosely through the bulkheads into the filter socks. The emergency will be an open pipe just straight down into one of the chambers.

QUESTIONS:
1- Currently I have my BRS reactor attached to the upper brace of my wooden stand. I can do that again, but is there a better way? Can I put it in the sump somehow? Is there a better in-sump reactor out there for a reasonable price?
2- How do I mount my return chamber float switches? Currently I have a ABS bracket from autotopoff.com that fits over the rim of my current sump (29 gallon aquarium). This won't fit over the eurobrace of this new sump. Ideas???
3- Those with Bashsea sumps with the filter floss plastic blocks in the before the return chamber... what are your thoughts on those? Do they work, or a gimmick to be removed? What kind of cleaning regimen, if any, will I need to do?

50524390916_c645624d11_z.jpg

1- hang on a divider.
2- there are 2 cord access points for the return chamber. Can you use magnets?
You can cut a slot the width of the bracket also.

Bashsea Sump Advice

In regards to the reactor there are many types of reactors you can place into the sump it's all about space. Is the BRS the dual or single units? Can you get by with building a stand for the reactor to sit in and you can place bio block underneath to give you what you needed?

Also I know I have seen many photos of this sump with internal reactors inside.

I'm currently gonna start working on my 150gallon myself I been searching around for a sump myself so interested in seeing your build

1274bcc9ce4f8428dcf80f09f0315378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back