Best Auto Top Off?

TURKLET0N

Based off of what you have and what you have used, what is the best auto top off? I have done some research and although the Smart ATO seems simple good I read a lot of bad reviews especially after people had it for one year. The consensus so far is that the Tunze 3155 is really good and not a lot of bad reviews.

Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I topoff with my Reefkeeper. I use redundent float switches and limit the amount of RO water available.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed my 3155 alot, the only real downside was that it would run for 8-10 seconds every time it turned on, which was only annoying in a smaller system, in a large system it wouldn't even make dent. Other than that it was stupid consistent.

I really like my spectrapure UPLC-II ( I have used almost everything out there), specially that you can draw from 25ft or pump from 60ft, lets you a hide a huge ATO container almost anywhere.

I use the smart ato on my 120..and it's great. Esp for the price. Just like n e thing everything has maint. Every so ofelten I wipe the optical sensor inside my sump off...but that's it....works awsome.

I'm with Ganjero (again). The spectrapure UPLC is the best. Really - any solution that lets you use a peristaltic pump is better than anything else. Because? No back siphon or forward siphon is possible with peristaltic pumps.

Other solutions that use regular pumps - you have to be careful with your water levels so you dont forward siphon or back siphon.

I'm with Ganjero (again). The spectrapure UPLC is the best. Really - any solution that lets you use a peristaltic pump is better than anything else. Because? No back siphon or forward siphon is possible with peristaltic pumps.

Other solutions that use regular pumps - you have to be careful with your water levels so you dont forward siphon or back siphon.

:thumbsup: On top of that the main sensor is base on pressure which makes almost maintenance free and very accurate. The back up sensor is a floating sensor, which is great to have but I don't really trust floating sensors as main ones.

I'm using the Tsunami auto top off and it works great. The level sensor works off of pressure as well. Doesn't come with a pump. I just used a pump I had laying around.

I'm using the hydor smart level ato, I am on my second unit though. The first one lasted 2 years. I just like how simple and compact it is along with the price ($70 from amazon).

I would say the spectrapure UPLC-II also. It works perfectly. It pumps water over 30 feet from my basement to my tank effortlessl and without any incidents for close to two years.

Back