Best East Valley LFS?

- if you think stores quarantine you are kidding yourself. Nobody has the time and manpower to move that amount of livestock and qt in any way that will adequately protect it- or you for that matter.

You should do your homework before making a statement like that. Totally untrue.

I've never seen sick fish at the petcos I go to. The employees on the other hand........

Which petco? I stopped by the one on baseline an Gilbert for some stuff for my bearded dragon and I think they have been upgrading and bringing in more stuff.

Posts/Own thoughts

Posts/Own thoughts

I think everyone is allowed their own thoughts about a local store they have been in and observed something.

FUNNY how one person says something bad about some store and every person that is a friend of the owners of that same store, Bashes that person and says how great the store is. I feel all the stores have their good days and all have their bad days. There are some I would only buy fish from and some I would only buy corals from.

I live in Maricopa, started reefing in December. I actually drive an hour to go the Aquarius. I can say Carlos has taught me alot, and Tadeo.

I actually started buying at Reef Culture, really love alot of their pieces, but as i've learned over time what to look for and what not to look for, i still swing by and look at items i'd like to purchase and see Aptasia sitting right next to the piece i want :(....
They had awesome rainbow brain.... droool 275 bucks, sitting right next to apt...
Awesome pieces if you have some peppermint shrimp to handle the aptasia and if you have the cash, i've since learned now with a healthy tank, i buy very small frags and watch them grow... slower but cheaper...

Sorry to make such bold remarks concerning qt. I see that aquatouch does have a large area of storage tanks setup for what they claim is qt. I have a feeling that if we were the employees of aquatouch over those qt systems, we might have a better understanding of what really goes on. In any system, we are always fighting entropy.

Sorry to make such bold remarks concerning qt. I see that aquatouch does have a large area of storage tanks setup for what they claim is qt. I have a feeling that if we were the employees of aquatouch over those qt systems, we might have a better understanding of what really goes on. In any system, we are always fighting entropy.

Why the axe to grind about QT?

There are at least two stores in the valley that actively QT last time I checked, Reef Culture and Aquatouch.

Debate the efficacy of the QT, drugs used, length of time, etc all you want, its a fact that both quarantine and that most of the people that shop there appreciate that they QT.

My LFS can beat up your LFS :) Concerning dead fish, sometimes I visit stores & the fish are really healthy. Then I fart & the fish perish mysteriously???

Back