best rodi system

cbowman

To be honest with you all, im tried of running to water and ice every week or sometimes twice a week to fill up my seven 5 gallon water bottles to do water changes and replace my water. So anyway, dont tell my wife Audrey, but im going to get an rodi system, but i dont know which one to get. Which one will be the easiest to set up, clean the water the best, and last the longest? I know the more stages the best, but what brand makes the best ones? Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanx,
Chris.

I rent one from a local water company for $25 per month with a storage tank under the sink and a water faucet for drinking water. They come out and change the filters and membrane every 6 months and I don't have to mess with it and have no additional expense. If there is ever an issue they have to fix and repair on their dime. I have a line teed off it running to a storage container in the garage with a heater and power head and use a pump with tubing to put new water back in the display tanks. Like you I got tired of running to the lfs buying water.

Just type Typhoon III into google search. I got that system and it is awesome.

I get 0 TDS water out of it from 800 to a 1000 before filtration. I've never seen more than 0 TDS come out of it...........

I'm using the Typhoon III from air water ice and like it so far. 0 TDS and its a 5 stage 100 GPD for $200

Another vote for the Typhoon. They also just came out with a 150 GPD membrane with excellent rejection rates.

UPGRADE YOUR RO

We have a new product, a 150 gallon per day membrane.

That is right ! Produce up 150 gallons per day.

With a 98 % rejection rate it can produce up to 150 gallons per 24 hours.

The best part is that it will fit your existing Air Water Ice Inc. RO system.

This new membrane is a real silica & TDS assassin.

That excellent rejection rate means longer DI life.

It is a thin film composite membrane rolled for us to our specifications. All I can say is if you love the FilmTec product you are sure to love this membrane.

This new membrane and a fast flush flow restrictor just $ 49.95.

This is our introductory offer. You better hurry.

Contact Walter@airwaterice.com with technical questions or sales@airwaterice.com about ordering

http://www.spectrapure.com/St_MaxCap-RO-DI.htm

MC_RODI.jpg

this is what you want.:D

AND they are in tempe, so you can put it on willcall. make sure to order with an autoshutoff, and a RO flush valve.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9821077#post9821077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by landy
http://www.spectrapure.com/St_MaxCap-RO-DI.htm

MC_RODI.jpg

this is what you want.:D

AND they are in tempe, so you can put it on willcall. make sure to order with an autoshutoff, and a RO flush valve.

I got it. I love it. And the fact that i save over 200 bucks off of making my own 1800 gal of water compared to W&I is awesome.
0TDS and i have not changed filters in over 6 months. The x2 dual TDS meters are nice to pin down what filters need to be changed when.

Yep. The Spectapure MAXCAP. If you can afford the upfront costs it pays for itself in DI savings. I love it. Saying you get 0 TDS out of a DI unit doesn't tell you much about the prefilters, the RO rejection, the DI bed life or the concentration of weakly ionized elelments like silicates. Maybe AJ will chime in.

Since Spectrapure is local if you talk to them they might be willing to deal with a club member.

There are other good units out there. But you asked which is best.

you can always use spectrapure filters in the typhoon III if you want to save money. the upfront cost is much cheaper than the spectrapure, plus the dual tds meters don't offset the cost.

Nothing even comes close to the Spectrapure MaxCap with our local water conditions. Best investment I have made for both my reef and my family health needs by far.
The Typhoon is a good unit as are others but there truly is no comparison and I have logbooks full of hard data to back it up. I have personally used both and would never go back. For Valley water conditions its foolish and costly to own anything else. I have already surpassed 600 gallons on my very first MaxCap DI cartridge and its still going strong whereas with my Typhoon setup I would be on my 5th DI cartridge as I got almost exactly 150 gallons per 24 oz. cartridge.

I have to agree. I had a 4 month old unit, then had to spend more money to retrofit it with Spectrapure's MaxCap. Haven't had any problems since, although I only have about 100 gallons through it thus far.

Re: best rodi system

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9820521#post9820521 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by a&cbowman
To be honest with you all, im tried of running to water and ice every week or sometimes twice a week to fill up my seven 5 gallon water bottles to do water changes and replace my water. So anyway, dont tell my wife Audrey, but im going to get an rodi system, but i dont know which one to get. Which one will be the easiest to set up, clean the water the best, and last the longest? I know the more stages the best, but what brand makes the best ones? Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanx,
Chris.

LOL your DUMB! you should have told me not to read this! and your so not getting one... you can have one in the new house!
LOVE AUDREY

ok this is my thing.......i think they are big and ugly!!!! if i dont have to see it ever....then you can spend whatever you want on it! but i dont want it just hanging out where i can see it!
LOVE AUDREY

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9825324#post9825324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
Nothing even comes close to the Spectrapure MaxCap with our local water conditions. Best investment I have made for both my reef and my family health needs by far.
The Typhoon is a good unit as are others but there truly is no comparison and I have logbooks full of hard data to back it up. I have personally used both and would never go back. For Valley water conditions its foolish and costly to own anything else. I have already surpassed 600 gallons on my very first MaxCap DI cartridge and its still going strong whereas with my Typhoon setup I would be on my 5th DI cartridge as I got almost exactly 150 gallons per 24 oz. cartridge.

out of curiosity, what is your TDS going in (out of the tap) and coming out of the RO?

Thanks!!

On my Maxcap, I see around 830 "Tap" and 000 coming out.. So, I know it's doing the job :)

--paul

So does the Maxcap filters fit onto the Typhoon III without any modifications? That would be nice for the next group buy. I have made around 400 gallons on the Typhoon III so far and tested it again last night and it was still 0 TDS. The Maxcap looks like a great system.

Last weekend when I made RO/DI water the tap water TDS was 902, RO only was 6.4 and DI was 0. Thats a RO only rejection rate of 99.29% . The DI has now had 615 gallons made on the original cartridges and still going strong. No other manufacturer can even come close to that.
To use the MaxCap cartridges in a Typhoon you would need to replumb one of the carbon cartridges to the tail end to hold one of the DI cartridges. The Typhoon goes 1. 10 mic prefilter 2. 5 mic carbon 3. 1 mic carbon. 4 RO. 5 DI .
The MaxCap goes 1. 0.5 or 0.2 mic prefilter 2. 0.5 mic carbon 3. RO 4. MaxCap DI 5. SilicaBuster DI .

Back