Best way to catch a Wrasse!

CReyes350

So for years i look up ways to do stuff on RC and today i want to share my best moment in fish keeping history lol. I have a huge female black saddle back clown who was not very nice to a mystery wrasse I have, so I wanted to relocate the wrasse. As you all know, a wrasse is nearly impossible to remove from a reef with a net. After some researching I devised wrasse trap 1.0 but I used a regular water bottle and the opening may have been too small for the wrasse. So Wrasse Trap 2.0 worked like a charm! I cut the top off of a sport's drink bottle, inverted it, and used silicone to keep it all together. Fishing line is great for pulling the trap out when the wrasse flies inside to eat the krill. Took about a day to dry the silicon and maybe 5 minutes to actually catch him. Now everyone is as happy as can be :beer:

Attachments

• 2013-10-27_12-20-55_807.jpg
    2013-10-27_12-20-55_807.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
I should have clarified. When I cut the bottle I also made a small hole in the cap to run the fishing line through and tie a knot. Then I put the cap inside the bottle and ran the line through the entry point. This allowed me to get a good hold of the bottle and also block the only exit when I pulled on the line. I spent about $1.25 to construct the trap since i didnt have a delicious Gatorade at hand when i wanted to pull the wrasse out lol

Back