Best WRASSE for a 40b?

Kizzy911

I know theres a lot of wrasses, but i need help choosing one.
I'm mainly interested in Flashers, leopard, carpenters. Any other ones that are interesting? thanks

You could probably get away with a melanarus or mystery in a tank that size. I have a mystery in my 42g. It's doing really well.

Most flashers should be ok, smaller fairies such pintail, rubriventralis, and lubbocki. Melanurus and yellow coris wrasse. A leopard wrasse is possible, just difficult due to their sensitivity and initial need for pods.

You could probably get away with a melanarus or mystery in a tank that size. I have a mystery in my 42g. It's doing really well.

As someone whos had a melanurus in a 40 breeder let me just say that in my opinion. they are fine untill they hit adult size and then you might find theyre a bit rowdy and hard on the CUC for a 40B.

Malenrus' get way big, i know it's probably not in a couple of years but, i think a flashers or carpenters would be fine. What do you guys think? leaning more towards a carpenters

McCosker's wrasse looks amazing. Either that or carpenters. But my main question is: would a carpenters or mccoskers be ok?

I've got a McCosker's in my 40b and I use to have a Carpenters in my 40long that I had years ago. This is why I suggested the McCosker's as they're much more colorful than the Carpenters

Here's mine with a crappy cell phone camera pic.

20151203_134029[1].jpg

Last edited:
I'll second the Mccosker's. McCosker's are a beautiful fish with a great personality. I recently lost mine to ich. Was bummed because it was one of my favorite fish.

Back