Better Business Bureau.....

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
RC Sponsor
Hi everyone.
These 3 words I see all over the internet and I have seen them thrown around here as well.
I would like to explain this in detail so people can educate them selves and know what they have in mind is all myth.
BBB is an indipendent organization that is NOTHING to go with the government. It has NO authority over your business. It has NO capacity to shut you down or even call you for anything.
Most people think and I am sure lots of you have heard this before, I will call BBB and get you shut dowm. Educate yourself people. BBB has nothing to do with anyones business.

They are an organization just like your credit report companies like Equafax, Eperian and Transunion. They collect data from people about a company and then rate them on their website according to the feedback they have gotten.

There are tons of companies not on their data base... why? because they dont have any authority over any business. I have to pay BBB to become a member so i can revive a wall mount certificate that says BBB accredited. If a business chooses not to pay for it, they are not on their list.
Its just that simple. so next time before throwing this out to a business that You will call BBB and get them shut down or if you think calling BBB will cause some sort of effect on a business. Please go over this and realize there is nothing BBB can do to any business.

So what happens when you do call BBB?
In defence of the business NOTHING. When someopne calls BBB and reports them a complaint, BBB takes that complaint and puts it agains that business (if its in their database) and rates it accordingly. Its a myth that they will call a business and straighten them out. If the business is not in their data base (non member) they may choose to post it ot not is up to BBB.

So in short there is no authority or power or any infulance that BBB has over your business.

Its just another way to rob businesses of thier money by saying we will endorce you and accredit you if you become our member for xxx amount of dollar and then you can claim my business is BBB accredited..

100%… I used to hang up on them, when they called to try to get me to sign up my car businesses with them!

100%… I used to hang up on them, when they called to try to get me to sign up my car businesses with them!
unfortunately I did sign up (my gas staion chain) i dont own anymore and paid several hundred dollars per location for a year just to get a certificate to mount on the wall. Lots of people think BBB can shut or do something against a business. 100% not true.

Back