BiggestE22's Red Sea Reefer 200XL Build

BiggestE22

I have been a lurker here for years. Whether it's here or watching every BRS YouTube video I have always wanted to get back in this hobby and do it the right way. I had a reef tank about 12 years ago. Did not understand how to do pretty much anything right. Rushed and purchased a basic 29 gallon tank. Bought some Carib-Sea sand. Some expensive live rock. Added some additives to quickly cycle the tank and went to Petco and bought a clownfish and a Seabae Anenome. I worked to get better spend a bunch of money whether it was the Charles Delbeek and Julian Sprung books ir anything but was lost and was better at killing sticks and LPS corals. So I am back after several years. Planning everything. I have a Red Sea reefer 200XL getting here next week. Gear purchased so far
1. Bubble Magus Curve 7
2.Vortech MP40QD
3.Hydor Seltz D 1000 DC Pump(Return Pump)
4.Spectrapure 6-Stage Chroramine Removal RO/DI
With Silicabuster and MaxCap DI
5.Hydor Theo Heater 300 watt

Not sure I can add pictures

CB08A0B9-4385-4ADA-9C8A-CE0D48394685.jpgWill be adding Kessil AP9X lights and maybe soon after a Neptune ApexEL

Also since the sumo has no room for a refugium. I am ,Leaning toward a macro-algae reactor. Like the one from Tunze. Less likely to do a HOB Refugium.

Using the wash area for the RO/DI. It’s an apartment so have the remove the washing machine connection for the cold water lead. Wife did not mind. So far at least. Will provide pics. Drilled the first tank for the float.

Had a setback The RO/DI unit was received damaged. One of the line connects toons to the RO membrane had broken off and the thread was stuck the the housing on the membrane.2D72D04D-9925-4848-A114-BC03FA8C3265.jpg

That would seem to be the easiest option. The initial auto-response from Marine Depot was to return the whole unit. Me being an eternal optimist. I threw the box away. As well as the return slip. They gave me a RMD number so to expedite the process I will get it boxed at UPS today and take the hit on shipping it back on my own dime. Really want to start the cycle stage as soon as the tank gets here and I don’t like phone tag or email tag.

Have another 20 tank on the way. Also have a target for the micro-algae reactor. Everything I have heard seems solid. Availability is also nice. Will wait till I get water in the tank and start the 30+ day cycle. To hope for a sale
4C5E625D-845C-4D3C-9F7E-CA6BD4069C4D.jpg

That RO/DI return/boxing at the UPS Store for a 3 day return was quite pricey. I certainly hope I get some type of store credit from Marine Depot for the money and effort.

T

T

Refused to wait on Marine Depot to receive my RO/DI and then ship the replacement, especially since the tank is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. 3 days ahead of schedule. Went to Dallas North Aquariun which is 5 minutes away and bought some fresh water so I can start cycling by tomorrow night

refused to wait on marine depot to receive my ro/di and then ship the replacement, especially since the tank is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. 3 days ahead of schedule. Went to dallas north aquariun which is 5 minutes away and bought some fresh water so i can start cycling by tomorrow night

BFF042EB-E8CF-4DF9-8161-1903D201F1FF.jpg

Back