Bio-Spira?

FishMaster1000

Whats up guys...I may be setting a 28 gallon reef up this week and was just wondering what your take/ experience was on Bio-Spira? All I have heard were stories of good so I am thinking of taking a shot at it! Well let me know what you think! Thanks!

It worked like a charm for my friend.
Full load of fish, new tank some bio spira and nothing died.

I worked well for me when I had to setup a few relatively sterile quarantine tanks, but it should not be necessary in a reef display with liverock.

Why wouldnt it be necessary in a reef setup? Even if you have liverock there is still a cycle....Well thanks for the input I think I will give it a shot!

Bio-Spira just inoculates the tank with bacteria. When using liverock, the liverock already houses bacteria.

Worked great for me ... I was transferring all livestock and live rock from old tank to new tank and I put it in just to be on the safe side of having enough beneficial bacteria. Nothing died during the transfer ... my LFS guy used it in his FW and SW section and cycled his entire store in about 2 days. My buddy cycled his nano within a day. As far as I'm concerned it's the only stuff that works for those who can't wait to cycle.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6867129#post6867129 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Steven Pro
Bio-Spira just inoculates the tank with bacteria. When using liverock, the liverock already houses bacteria.

Of course it inoculates bacteria ... that's what it needs to do! If you have LR that's already cured and been housed in a functioning aquarium you will have housed bacteria otherwise it's just rock. Bio Spira pretty much floods your aquarium with live bacteria to help you avoid the high spikes during cycles; you can still see a very small cycle happen, however it's fast because the number of bacteria. Then you add your livestock and the bacteria population adjusts accordingly balancing your system.

You can buy it online, the cost is higher because it has to be kept cold. I would call around the local reef or SW stores. Someone has to have it.

Regards,

Pat

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6982403#post6982403 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TartanInMinn
If it's added to a tank with live sand and uncured base rock, will it help seed the rock and sand?

Yes .. most definitely!

Back