Biota Captive Yellow Tangs HLLE

Kriegad

I ordered some captive bred yellow tangs from algae barn and just got them delivered maybe an hour ago. They look kinda raggedy. I'm not sure if they have HLLE or if this is just how they look when they are so young. They are maybe half dollar sized. I've only had one tang in the past and have just now started down the path of a tang gang since I've recently upgraded my system, so I don't have any experience with HLLE, if that is what they do have. I matched salinity and temp and put in QT predosed at 1 ppm copper power and was going to work up to over 2ppm copper over the next 4 or 5 days. Opinions on if I should change course with the condition of them? Or do you think I am good to precede with copper treatment?

Also if anyone has any experience with these biota captive bred tangs I'd be interested to hear about it? Do you find they are a little more drab than wild
caught specimens?

Thanks for any input.

I just realized I probably posted this in the wrong place. Sorry for my mistake. Please delete and I’ll post on reef discussion. Thanks

Back