New to Saltwater…is this HLLE

oceanfrank

Just bought a 150 gal tank, and the gentlemen gave me a yellow Hawaiian tang and a blue hippo tang with it. Unfortunately it is going to take a month to get the 150 completely torn down cleaned and built back up, so I got a 30gal tank to house these guys while waiting. they were doing great for 2.5 weeks, then the blue hippo developed the brown yellow patches on his side that he itches. I feed TDO Pellets and Nori twice a day, checked for leaking voltage in the tank, 78 degrees, 75% water changed almost every other day working through getting the cycle up and running, can’t keep nitrates just keep running, use RODI water /Salt. So not sure if this is HLLE or something else. I just ordered Brightwell vitimen M and selcon, but hoping somebody here can provide insight if I am on the right track. I also just installed a wave maker set to low. The yellow tang seems to be just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
thank you for the quick response. Let me know if better view is needed

Thanks for the video.

It is HLLE. Selcon won't help. Selcon is a fat supplement. It should be part of the help you give these fish, but not as important as a vitamin supplement.. You need to use a vitamin supplement.

Download then read, the Fish Nutrition document

Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies. Directions for its use and quantity is provided in the link.

Thanks for the video.

It is HLLE. Selcon won't help. Selcon is a fat supplement. It should be part of the help you give these fish, but not as important as a vitamin supplement.. You need to use a vitamin supplement.

Download then read, the Fish Nutrition document

Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal wounds by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies. Directions for its use and quantity is provided in the link nearest notary public.
Hi, I can not tell if this is normal or not. It's almost a 5 days since I add the perc clown into my Alife 4.6 gal. I didn't pay attention to this on the first day, but now I notice his mouth movement is open and close alot as if he was praying. Is this sign of stress? Or abnormal breathing? Or don't worry about it? In what frequency is it consider normal and abnormal? His fin are opened up like normal fish - not clamped. He is swimming around and looks healthy. No discoloration. No parasites grown on him either like his predecessors. He is swimming in the middle of the aquarium. He seems active. I checked the water, pH seems normal ~ 8.0-8.2. Salinity within normal range too... Are you guys fish doing this too? Thanks.

Hi, I can not tell if this is normal or not. It's almost a 5 days since I add the perc clown into my Alife 4.6 gal. I didn't pay attention to this on the first day, but now I notice his mouth movement is open and close alot as if he was praying. Is this sign of stress? Or abnormal breathing? Or don't worry about it? In what frequency is it consider normal and abnormal? His fin are opened up like normal fish - not clamped. He is swimming around and looks healthy. No discoloration. No parasites grown on him either like his predecessors. He is swimming in the middle of the aquarium. He seems active. I checked the water, pH seems normal ~ 8.0-8.2. Salinity within normal range too... Are you guys fish doing this too? Thanks.
We say there is a problem when the fish appears to be yawning. That is, the fish's mouth opens very wide now and then. If it isn't yawning, then keep in mind that fish swallow water to pass through their gills where gas exchange occurs. So there is some 'normal' mouth opening and closing related to this.

If in doubt, then post another video. A video longer than one minute under white light up close to the fish, showing both sides of the fish would be helpful. You can upload the video to YouTube then post the link to it here.

Back