Black mangroves?

reefboyjim

I recently came across some Black mangrove seeds. I found them on ebay for $3 for ten seeds. My question is, Does anyone know exactly how to plant them, germinate them or anything else about them. My plans for a couple of them is to put them in my 10gal fuge. A few of them are going to my fellow reef companion( it'sdave ) and well the others i'm not sure of yet but first if any one knows any growing instructions that could help a fellow reefer out please let me know, thanks Lad's and Lass's.

REEFBOYJiM

Current knowledge on them is that they do not like the full salinity our saltwater tanks and fuges provide. Also are not fans of being fully submerged or floated and prefer to be planted in actual soil, more like a terrarium situation than a floated fuge transplant. The salinity issue is the real problem.

>Sarah

thanks Samala

thanks Samala

thank samala for your information on the mangroves, i appreciate it alot. I also did some reading up on them and found out some very interesting facts on them and how to grow them.

I don't know if I have black mangroves or not. I found them on the shore line and they already had their first set of leaves growing. I planted them in the refug. with only their leaves sticking out of the water. That was 30 days ago and now they have their second set of leaves. The light stay on 24/7.

thanks SCR

thanks SCR

Thanks SCR for letting me know about your success with the mangroves, I'm not really sure on how to tell mangrove species apart but i have 8 seeds to do my exsperiments with and hopefully i'll find a way to successfully achieve my goal.

Back