Bleaching

Mork

I was sent some Monti Digitata and Monti cap frags recently, but unfortunately they were delayed down at the post depot and by the time I got them in the tank they're completely bleached.

I've had them in the tank for a week and they are extending their polyps - but no colour has returned at all.

How long would it typically take for these guys to colour up again, and is there something I can do to accelerate the process?

Cheers.

I wold also like to know. I hae an tri color acro and the tips are slightly bleahed. The polyps are extended, but no color. I have had mine in for approx two weeks.

046.jpg

my monti frags are completely white when i break them off the colonies...they colour up in a week or so...

acrp will take a far bit longer to colour up though.

Agreed, typically you're looking at 4 weeks at the least, and possibly longer. The best thing you can do to encourage recovery (other than just providing healthy conditions) is feed the corals as well as possible. They have very low energy reserves now. Feeding them will help them get along, and may help encourage faster growth in their zooxanthellae (= recovery).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12537927#post12537927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a>
Months....keep everything stable and have patience. If it isn't better in a few months, then toss em. [/QUOTE

I wont toss a coral until there is zero flesh or polyps left. Only exception to this is on new arrivals I find something really bad on

I have seen too many come back from the near dead

Back