Blue Assessor with Percula Clowns?

reefmusic

I am contemplating another addition for my small tank, to add some blue colour. Currently there are two Percula Clowns in it, and two tiny common gobies (silver greyish colour). I thought maybe a yellow-tailed blue damselfish, but I read they can be aggressive. The other fish I am looking at is a blue Assessor - assessor macneilli. Some sites say these are semi aggressive, and I don't know much about them.

Would the Blue Assessor live well with the Clowns?

My experiance with assesors is they not aggressive at all and can be shy. Clowns are much more aggressive. They are likely to harass the assesor in a small tank.

My experiance with assesors is they not aggressive at all and can be shy. Clowns are much more aggressive. They are likely to harass the assesor in a small tank.
I see. I wonder why some sites classify the assessor as semi-aggressive.

Don't know whether to get one now...

To be honest there is some bad information on some of the sites. I recently bought some Creole Anthias after checking 2 sites quickly while in a LFS, as I had not seen them before. Both said they were good community fish. Wrong they are underwater velociraptors. They hunt in a pack and smaller fish do not stand a chance! The had some expensive meals. Doing dome more research I find they also grow to between 7 and 14" depending on what site you believe. I am still trying to figure out how to remove them.

Back