Blue hippo looks like it's shedding on one side?

Cambria

So today I noticed my blue hippo looks like it's shedding and it appears to be mostly on one side of her body. She's also breathing a little heavy and is hiding. She's not itching and I haven't added anything in this tank for months, maybe even a year. It's a 180 gallon.

All I can think of is that I have a lot of hammer and rbta and was thinking maybe she got stung really bad by one of those. I haven't had issue's in this tank for a couple years until now.

I tried getting a picture but it's really bad because she was moving fast when she finally came out. But now she's back to hiding. Any ideas whats wrong with her?

Attachments

• 2018-07-08 14.17.15.jpg
    2018-07-08 14.17.15.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
I got a picture of the good side and the bad side of her if it helps any on what might be wrong with her.

I have another blue hippo tang, chevron tang, and coral beauty; and none of them show any signs of this shedding stuff.

Attachments

• good side.jpg
    good side.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • bad side.jpg
    bad side.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
So she died yesterday. Does anyone have an idea what may have caused this? All the other fish are still doing great. No signs of anything like what my blue hippo had.

Back