Bluetooth All Weather Outlet

epo

Hey I wanted to bring this to people attention. I was at home depot yesterday looking for a timer for a LED Strip I was adding. I came across a bluetooth all weather outlet by GE. I though this was pretty cool. I purchased a couple and plugged my T5 and led lights in. With the app I downloaded to my phone i can now set up schedules for my lights without having to buy an expensive controller. I can turn them on and off with my phone without having to go under my stand. i thought this was pretty cool so wanted to share in case people are looking for something similar. You can use these for lights, reactors, UV sterilizers...etc.

You could probably also use IFTTT (If this then that) as a basic controller if you wanted to have one place to control several of these things. I haven't used it myself, but you might even be able to setup temperature control, etc with it.

If you have more than one do they all show up in the app to set and everything?

Yes you can rename the outlets and have multiple outlets on the home screen of the app. you select the outlet you want and program it accordingly.

So for 8 outlets are $280.00 to $400.00 and no temp control or ph control or full internet access and you need someone to come add an 8gang box in your wall for those 8 outlets. I think I would stick with the apex or reef keeper. JMO

Back