Bonsai turning brown.

rage1199

The new bonsai I got from Marke is turning brown with the yellow spots still showing when I placed her up all my readings are okay. Will be doing a water change on friday. All the other sps I got from Marke and Carlos from Southside reef are doing great polyps out and everything. It is next to my red planet which is now growing branches fast. Do I give it some time to turn blue again getting some pics ready to show you. Was on my sand bed for a week doing great turned brown when I moved her up no bleaching is being noticed yet.

Give it time and clean water. Mine started to brown a bit, and lately it's turning bright blue. How did you acclimate? Mine likes medium high light. GL!

Pics

Pics

some pics

Attachments

• best.jpg
    best.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • best3.jpg
    best3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
Thatis fine rage. I have a friends mini colony in my tank that looked like that when I got it 2 months ago and just now it is turning purple.

What kind of light? What kind of tank? Seems close to the back wall. Make sure you have good light and flow.

I have the Chinese boxes but notice all the sps around the bonsai it is at the right level for sps to grow as this is not the first sps I have had. I have a red planet next to it that is growing fast. IT also has room before hitting the back wall.

I have the Chinese boxes but notice all the sps around the bonsai it is at the right level for sps to grow as this is not the first sps I have had. I have a red planet next to it that is growing fast. IT also has room before hitting the back wall.

Had mine in the back also and had a deep purple. I recently rearanged the top half of my tank to accomodate lots of sticks, so its in the top middle towards the back, but getting much more light. The new growth is a bright blue. I have noticed that at least mine like a bit of flow. In lower flow, the polyps are pretty retracted. At first, I thought I was bleaching it with the new placement, but for the first time, I'm getting some upward growth, so must be happy. I've noticed that those sticks do like a LOT of flow. I thought I had high flow, but I want more. Only problem is I risk ripping all my zoas from the rocks, LOL! I'm running an MP10 at about 50% on my tiny tank, and I'm looking to upgrade my return pump (which is already upgraded to bigger than stock, LOL!) I've considered adding another powerhead for what I now call "stick row":D I'll post pics this weekend:wave:

I got one from another source a couple of weeks back, browned from the quarantine dip but started coloring up the first week and is now 100% back. Maybe this is you case also.

Back