Bristleworms clouding water

jer77

Phish Lover
Wow, I checked my tanks today and discovered the water to be very cloudy and the skimmer to be overflowing. Inspecting further I found at least 50 large bristleworms which had climbed up out of the sand and on to the tops of my halimeda bed squirting the thick white stuff out of their ends. It was rather disgusting to say the least. So I'm wondering what they were doing. I changed the water and the fish look fine so I'm not that worried.

That's what I figured, I just never experienced this before. I'll admit, I don't know much about bristleworms. I haven't read about their spawning before either, so I just wanted to be sure a water change and some carbon will do the trick. So what usually initiates the spawning event?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14775695#post14775695 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jer77
So what usually initiates the spawning event?

For me it's soft lights, a good bottle of wine, and a little Marvin Gaye background music.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14775947#post14775947 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rgrobe
For me it's soft lights, a good bottle of wine, and a little Marvin Gaye background music.

+1

Add candles.

Back