BRS reactors. Will I have issues w/ this setup?

91mini

In the manual for the BRS reactors it states to keep the reactors as close to the water level of the sump as possible to eliminate back pressure. With my limited space this is the only place that I can comfortably put them for ease of access. I'll be maintaining these things every 2-3 weeks so I need them accessible. Do you think this configuration is an issue? I'm running these off my Eheim1260 pump.

image.jpg

You should have nothing to worry about. I have a sump in my basement that I have the same reactor and have no problems

Back pressure? How does their height affect back pressure?
I'm not doubting you 91mini, just wondering what they are trying to say with that comment.
Back siphoning maybe?

Back pressure? How does their height affect back pressure?
I'm not doubting you 91mini, just wondering what they are trying to say with that comment.
Back siphoning maybe?

I was thinking the same thing? From the comments so far though it seems that I will be OK with this setup. Thanks

That's exactly how mine are set up...I initially had issues with back pressure...just make sure the outlet tubes are submerged deep in the water...I have mine right at the waters surface so it flows out freely.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Back