Bryopsis

Its not just the mag, it was an impurity in the kent M. If i remember correctly it was lithium. Depends how big your tank is. A lot of it is just your rock leeching po4, and until it isdone its an uphill battle.

Its not just the mag, it was an impurity in the kent M. If i remember correctly it was lithium. Depends how big your tank is. A lot of it is just your rock leeching po4, and until it isdone its an uphill battle.

That is correct, it was Kent's mag. Do you have a refugium?

Well we thought we had a outbreak as well. My boyfriend talked to a coral place in Miami that he gets a lot of corals from. Suggested us getting some nudibranches so he billed and shipped us 4 lettuce nudibranches and boy let me tell ya those Lil boogers were hungry upon getting here. And they have mowed ours down greatly. There's a few patches here and there but they knocked the stuff back without using chemicals or messing with the little Rock he has in the 40gal breeder.
If you can't find nudibranches locally let me know and I'll pass the place where he got ours at to you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What coral place is this. Have a patch of byropsis on my overflow that i need to address. Live in miami also.

Lettuce nudies are pretty plentyfull especially in Florida because they are collected here. But as with anything slimy and small, watch them before they go down your overflows. Best way, IME, is to physically remove it and be done with it before it spreads. Lettuce nudies do eat the algae but once the algae is gone, they tend to die off and bryopsis has a chance to come right back because they dont totally eat it 100%

Yes, Kent marine mag over 1800 will make it turn white and kill it. We have it bad in our tank. My husband is doing a full write up with time lapse video, but it's on a different forum. There is a full dosing protocol. If you don't do mg, kill it with fire!!!! It's tough stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back