BTA Update

Skydvwolfe

About a week ago I told you guys my larger BTA was on Death's door. I said the smaller one had bleached itself early January but was recovering well.
Bad news..the big one started to deteriorate and chunks were starting to fall off and float around the tank. I finally declared him dead at that point and mourned my loss.
I pouted around and even checked LFS for a replacement. It was too soon for me.
Yesterday I got a wonderful surprise!!!
I have 2 Nem's again.
My smaller anemone split. NO LIE!!!
I am so proud of myself. Check em out.

picture001cq0.jpg

I feed him...them...brine shrimp mostly. I thaw a cube in a shallow dish then suck it up in a medicine dropper (I scavenged it from my son's baby hygiene kit.) I slowly squeeze it at the mouth and their little arms fold up around.
I also give them a pea size slice of finger mullet and mysis once in a while. The mysis not as often.
Here is another pic.

picture003le1.jpg

They would like bits of raw shrimp placed right on there tenticales.They will grab it and about once a week.
Whats used for water flow?

Oh, I have EHEIM 2227 Wet/Dry Canister and a Rio 600 PH that I picked up at LFS (japan).
My water temp is up, too. About 28C.

So its the wet dry retuen and a 600 gph rio in a 110 gallon. If this is right your lacking flow and oxygen.You get proper O2 saturation through surface exchange and best with proper flow.

picture035qu1.jpg

I have my return angled so that it grabs air as it blows in. Notice my water is an inch or so below the trim. My PH has airline tubing running to the surface so air is picked up and blown into the tank.

I have taken the same approach to salt as I did with raising freshwater angels and discusfish. Minimalist.

I NEVER used a protein skimmer with Discus though many insisted. I never used a UV sterilizer for my fry, and none of my fish got RO water. I still use no skimmer. That is what filter feeders are for.

Yet my husband never complained when I dropped a few extra dollars in his hand after selling off hundreds of fish in a year.

no offence but alot of your corals don't look very happy. 85 dregees is at the high point for temp IMO i would try more for around 80.

the bubbles that your powerhead is makeing might be desterbing the corals.

also BTA's will split when they are unhappy also not just because they are happy. and from the looks of your zoas streaching out i am guessing you don't have near enough light to keep an anemone.

just my O2

Back