Bubble tip Anemone ran away..

Vadafallon

So i got a bubble tip for my clown and after a week he decided he loved it. Spent lots of time cuddling up with it etc. The bubble tip for a few days decided he didnt like where he was and moved. The next day he moved again, the next again, and the next again. Yesterday i came home and he is gone. I have no idea where he is. Probably under a rock or whatnot but any ideas why he is moving around so much? Would he not like the clown?

My best guess based on a nem I put in one of my tanks a few months back is it's trying to find a spot it likes. Mine was very unsettled when we finally moved and put it under different light with different water flow it has not moved. So my sugggestion is to try adjusting you water flowing and make sure your lighting is clean and working well.

Yeah lighting and water all seem good. I got another Condy Anemone the same time i got the bubble. The Condy loves his spot. I hope he is just trying to find a spot he likes.

He might like all the "luv" the clown was giving it. When I got my first one I did not realize something could get loved to death until too late.

Anemone moves when he is unhappy. What type of clown? Some clowns are more rough than others.
Have you had anemones before? How long has the tank been established? what type of lights and flow do you have?

I had a RBTA that stayed put for a year since I got the system. Then a few months ago he decided to walked around for a few weeks. Went up, down, left, right - amazing how far they can move. Anyway, he seems to have settled back very close to the original place again for the last 6 weeks. Point being....who the heck knows.

Back