Buffing scratches from acrylic aquarium

I'm talking about using a sander to get deeper scratches out to the point it can be buffed. anyone with experience?

Yes I did, just to get the big stuff off. A lot off the little scratches disappear with water in it.

you have to make sure you wet sand, and do not let the area you area sanding get to hot or you will melt / distort the acrylic. if you keep things slow and cool you should be fine. I need to buff my tank but I have decided to do this by hand, I am to nervous to do this with an electric sander, yes I know it is a lot more work doing it by hand but hay if it makes me feel better doing it by hand the that is what I am going to do :)

I did my display its 48x30x30. It is a time consuming process. I started with 400 grit wet sand paper and went to 800 grit with a electric sander. Make sure you keep the sand paper wet and always moving. Then went to harbor freight and got a variable speed buffer and used it with the novous 123 system. The power tools definitely make the job a lot easier. There are some videos on YouTube that are worth watching.

Back