Cabinet Makers in Pinellas / Tampa?

Ted_C

I'm looking for recommendations to get quotes to skin my 320 gallon aquarium / skin a canopy. Besides suggesting JFoltz and hbn1234 whom I've already PM'd but haven't heard back from - do you have any other recommendations?

I'm very specific in what I'd like done - it's basically a repeat of the 150 I bought from JMonks - but expanded out to 8 foot long. As you can see from the below images - it's not alot of material or even very complex to build. It can even be built remotely and put on back of a pickup truck to be delivered. I suspect the hardest part will be the removable louvers.

17670DSC02070.JPG

17670DSC02073.JPG

I lack the tools necessary to build this myself. A table saw w/ a dado set is an absolute requirement (for doors and beveled long cuts). I also lack the tools and skill and knowledge to properly finish the wood to this degree.

Spacewerks spelled like this. Ask for Ken. Tell him Robert sent you. They did the remodel build out at Sheppards.

They look like they may be expensive Rob. I'll give em a chance though.

Any others?

Well, cabinet makers are not cheap , sorry. If you want a quality job it will cost you.
They are worth a shot. Send pictures of the style and finish and then the new dimensions. Worst you can say is no.

Thanks Rob - I gave Ken a call yesterday - they will be coming out to take a look at what I have in the next couple weeks.

I'm not against paying for a quality job. What I'm leery of is the person who comes out and quotes $10k for a $2.5k job just because they either dont want the job or are trying to take advantage.

When this happens, I usually get frustrated and end up trying to do the job myself.

Lol. It shouldn't be that much. Custom work is never cheap but I think you will get a fair price from him. If it is more than you want to spend you can always try yourself.

Back