Calc doser tube blockage?

What do you all do to keep end of doser hose from calcifying and blocking doses? What mine does is develop a hard ball at the end and this causes blockage and pack pressure which pops the other end of the tube off the doser. Does it whether end of tube is under water or out of water. I was thinking to dillute the calcium with RO water and then increase dosage.

The end should never be below the water line.

I dose 2 part, never had any issues.

I would assume you dose over a 24 hour period. One thing you can try, decrease the amount per dose, and increase the doses per day.

This can happen if you have the dosing on alk dosing time too close to you calcium dose time you want to give some time say 15 minutes between the doses. Also dose where there is fast water movement so that the alk is not just siting waiting for the calcium to dose into it. I also check my lines with a paper clip at least once a week to make sure they are clear and working properly

Happens on my kalk reactor hose which is above the waterline. I added a plastic airline tubing coupling, take that off and scrape with a toothpick, soak in vinegar if needed. Does not happen on my CO2 calcium reactor.

Back