Calcium probe

jglackin

I would love to be able to add a calcium probe to the list of probes connected to my ACIII Pro. Is there a way to do this? If not, I would imagine that this should not be too hard to add, via a software update, is there anything in the works to add this feature?

We will support a Ca probe and other ISE probes when they are reliable, accurate, and available at a reasonable cost. Currently there are not any ISE probes available at any price that are reliable and accurate.

Curt

Thanks.

Have you looked at the Orion Calcium Probe? I here that it is reliable and accurate. I know of a lab that uses them and they have been testing it up against titration for about 2 months and they feel it is ready for prime time.

I don't think a CA probe would be anywhere near as useful as a probe that measured ALK. I test my ALK a few times a week usually but only spot check CA a few times a month.

For the record I don't even know if that's possible :)

Yeah, good point. Alk probe would be better.

I would like to have my ACIII Pro run all available probes so that I can run trend reports on everything from pH and temp to salinity and calcium.

Back