Calcium supplementation

simonh

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi Ron,

I have a question regarding the factors used in the correlation analysis performed in Part II of the study.

Was method of calcium addition, i.e. calcium hydroxide, 2-part additive, calcium reactor a factor in the correlations?

I wondered if tanks using just a calcium reactor had any positive correlation that maybe caused by metals from dissolving media in the reactor. Or, if tanks running using just calcium hydroxide had lower levels maybe due to precipitation of metals caused by the high pH in the dripping area.

Hi Simon,

The methodology of calcium supplement was indeed asked, and this was tested as a factor against the results. There was no correlation one way or another between the any of the tested material with any means of addition.

There may well actually be a correlation here, however, the endpoints that people aimed for (as determined by their test kit readings) were so imprecise, because the test kit/hobbyist interaction is uncertain, that calcium levels were all over the boards. This would introduce so much variability in the samples that no correlations could be apparent in this small sample size.

Back