Calling all people eater paly growers!

Purple people eaters

Purple people eaters

I know I'm a late post to this, but I figured it would be a good place to ask. I have a small colony of purple people eaters and they seem to be doing pretty good! My only concern is that some of them implode down (sometimes) and other stay point upwards. Does this mean the upwards ones are getting too much light or too little?? Do they usually implode with more light or less light?? I assume more, right??

I know I'm a late post to this, but I figured it would be a good place to ask. I have a small colony of purple people eaters and they seem to be doing pretty good! My only concern is that some of them implode down (sometimes) and other stay point upwards. Does this mean the upwards ones are getting too much light or too little?? Do they usually implode with more light or less light?? I assume more, right??
I don't remember this thread! It's a good one!
Maybe I was crazy working when they first posted.

Would you be able to share a picture? I'm kinda confused.
Also, try to explain more about your system.
The more info the better for people to try helping you out.
Tell us everything you can"¦ maintenance, params, lights, etc...
Each case is a different one.

Grandis.

I havnt had any promblems witj pe or zos at the matter. Ive been dosing fuel since day one. It really help with zoas and palys. Try it ibe had green pe that my jswfish buried for a couple of feeks before i found them. They were bkack with green mouths for about a month, kinda look cool

Also i run 2x 150 mh with pc over a 55g. And change 10g weekly. No skimmer and have about 8 fish. So all my zoas and paly eat well

Ok so let me start by asking everyone who has trouble with People Eaters 1 very important question... Do you have little white asterina starfish in your tank? If you have answered yes, you have probably just answered your question of why wont your PEs grow. ASTERINA STARFISH EAT CERTAIN ZOA AND PALLY POLYPS!!!! I am very sick of those who say that they do not. I have watched many a green people eater colonies in my previous tanks be eaten away by these pest starfish. When your lights go out you would be surprised to see these little buttholes attatched firmly to the top of a closed polyp. What they do is basically shove their stomach into the polyp where it digests it from the inside out. You may never notice anything wrong on the outside of the polys besides the fact that it never opened again. I wish i still had the pictures to proove it, but i assure you, the asterina starfish eats Zoanthids...

P.S. I have also documented them eating Green Star Polyps. Witnessing this first hand , the purple bubblegum looking mat was apparently its target as i saw blackened holes eaten straigh through the mat.

My purple people eaters grow so slow. Started with 1 and now have 4 and I think I got them in January. I saw the seller recently and he told me that is about the growth he gets also.

Back