Calumet Region Phone List

pescadero

In Memoriam
I'm putting together a contact list for local reef enthusiasts in the greater calumet region of illinois and indiana. the list was started on Saturday at the meeting at @scottdwh's house. if you live in the area and you'd like to be included on our local phone list, please send me a PM and include:

YOUR NAME
YOUR RC SCREEN NAME
YOUR CITY
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
YOUR PHONE NUMBER

I'll be typing the list up in the next day or two. I'm posting this just in case I forgot to contact someone.

thanks!

the phone is typed up and is ready to get emailed, that is, it will go out as soon as i can get around to typing everyone's email address into my mail client.

someone suggested that i contact Patterson117 to see if he wants to be included on the phone list. I just sent him a PM.

if anyone else wants to be included, please send me a PM today. i'd like to get the list out tomorrow if possible.

thx.

Updates & Corrections

Updates & Corrections

Updates & Corrections

It turns out that there were a few typos on the first version of the phone list, so I'll be making a corrected version of the list that will go out in the near future.

If your personal information needs to be updated, please let me know ASAP so that I can make the necessary corrections. I've already got updates and/or corrections that are pending for @scottdwh, @fuppets, @poopsko24, @aquagrizzly, and @poo-tang.

Privacy of Personal Information

One person has asked for permission to redistribute the list so that it can be published online in the members-only area at NWIMAC. I have a problem with that.

When I passed the sign-up sheet around for the list last Saturday, I told everyone that the information would only be used to create a list that would be shared among people who were at the meeting and had volunteered their personal information to be included on the list. Some people gave their real names, email addresses, and unlisted phone numbers with the expectation that this information would be kept confidential within the group. This confidentiality agreement needs to be maintained by everyone who holds a copy of the list.

Personally, I would object to having my personal contact information posted onto the internet, especially to the members-only area of a club that does not include me as a member.

Do not redistribute this phone list to anyone else. Period. If any third party wishes to have an on-line phone list, it would be easy enough for them to have a sign-up process that explicitly discloses how they will use the personal nonpublic information that they collect. People can then decide whether or not they want to be included on that list, and whether they choose to release or withhold their personal information.

BTW -- because of the idea that this list might fall into unauthorized hands, at least one of the people that I mentioned earlier has contacted me to ask that his personal information be edited to make him less identifiable. Please do not redistribute the list.

I have received a few update requests related to typographical errors, so a revised version of the list will go out later today. If anyone needs to have their info updated, please send me a PM or an e-mail today. I'll try to get the updated list out this evening.

Updated list sent out via email. It is labeled as Revision 1.1 dated 2/29/08. Please let me know if there are any more errors/omissions.

Sea -- Thanks for the invite. ;)

Back