Can someone give me an estimate???

Evyllchyld

Trying again
I'd just like to know what everyone thinks the going rate on safecrackers are per polyp??? I'm looking to buy some but wanna make sure I get them for a fair price, I'm new to saltwater in general so just want to get everyones opinion. Thanks

-Brian

no idea what the going rate is on anything really. price depends on supply and demand, which is dictated by saturation in a market of a certain geographical area.

so in other words...a fair price would be whatever a person feels like shelling out, and can still live with their decision afterwards.

i personally, wouldn't shell out big bucks for any "fad" coral. and would only try to obtain it in trades with my equally as cool stuff. granted, this takes some time and patience in order to build up a good collection you can trade with.

but if a person needs their instant gratification fix, by all means they can shell out as much $$ as they want.

i can say its pretty gratifying to know that i haven't spent more than $150 in a year on 40+ zoanthid morphs. all small frags that i have grew out, and can now trade for very cool stuff.

but thats just me ;)

I'm just starting out in SW reef.. or any tank in general so I need to build my trade collection first :) I don't have a problem dishing out money because for some reason I seem to have money laying around when I need it lol. And these are zoa's that I really like, along with PPE and True blues and armageddon... unfortunetly mostly the more expensive ones. I'm not going to buy full colonies, but don't have a problem buying a few polyps and watch them grow :)

Back