Canister filters, UV sterilizers and Skimmers small enough for 10 gallon tank?

SuperSix

So I have a nice little 2 year old 10 gallon reef tank with lots of live rock, a few coral species and invertebrates. My only fish at the moment is a new Matted filefish, a clown goby and a firefish. For filtration I've been running a Fluval 50 power filter, another Fluval 30 power filter set up as a Refugium filled with macro algaes with a small LED light above it, and a small Zoo Med 'Turtle Clean' 501 external canister filter ( for lack of any better options at such a small size, so forgive me ) I also have an invasive Corallife Bio Cube in-tank protein skimmer, and for lights I have a Current Orbit marine LED strip.

My tank has been doing very well but I want to upgrade all of this, with the only problem being that on a 10 gallon tank, its difficult to find canister filters, UV sterilizers and protein skimmers small enough to fit it.

Hence my question: Can anyone recommend some small sized canister filters that could solve my problem, as well as a small UV sterilizer and protein skimmer?

What exactly is your problem? If the tank is running well I'm not sure what any of that would do for you.

Yeah, why bother if it is working?

If one really wants to upgrade, they usually upgrade in size coupled with features - you want to upgrade what you currently use feature-wise, and your setup is atypical for a nano reef. Because of that, any upgrade would probably be to a larger sumped system (20g "long" with 10g sump for example) or to an all-in-one (such as an Innovative Marine Nuvo series).

I would recommend an upgrade to a sumped 20g "long" (nice footprint of 30" x 12" x 12" high) with either a pre-built sump (Eshopps R-75 or R-100 for example) or converting your 10g to a sump (OceanBox Design insert kit would be an option for the 10g sump for example).

Either that, or an Innovative Marine 25g Fusion "lagoon" or 20g Nuvo - room in back chamber to have multiple filtration types and a refugium, and they are rimless and "sleek" in appearance.

Or, simply keep what you have an enjoy the success... :)

Back