carbon dosing

jaylensdad06

A Lil while ago I posted about vinegar dosing. Well now that I finally moved. I enlarged the sump to a 40 breeder on a 120. Got a bigger skimmer. So my question is. I decided not to put my sand back in because I didn't want to create a huge nitrate spike...but I kinda like the clean look of bare bottom. Now I'm sure I will go thru a mini cycle with all the new water and now the Ben bacteria in the sand is gone. My question is carbon dosing better to rebuild the goodies in my tank that I lost removing the sand? Is carbon dosing a bare bottom tank a good idea provided all is good in the tank? Should I wait to see if the tank does go into a mini cycle? Lookin for advise all welcome.

Carbon dosing has nothing to do with your nitrogen cycle. They are not linked together. The bacteria u lost from the sand bed will be a stran that will help the nitrogen cycle. The bacteria u populate to consume nitrates and phosphate by carbon dosing are different.

I swear I have been searching and reading everything I can . Must not be comprehending what I read. So I shouldn't worry about losing the year old sand in my sys?

I swear I have been searching and reading everything I can . Must not be comprehending what I read. So I shouldn't worry about losing the year old sand in my sys?

Well I did t say that. I said that carbon dosing won't help replace what u lost from the sand.

Sand gives surface area. Carbon dosing supplies food source for very specific bacteria strand to over populate to help consume nitrate mainly but some po4 also

Back