Carpenters Flasher Wrasse or 6 Line???

rickh

I want to add either a 6 Line or a Carpenters Flasher Wrasse to my tank. The 6 line is more common and said to be more aggressive. The Carpenters is supposedly peaceful. Please comment if you have either of these guys. Thanks. R

I have other flashers, not the carpenter and I've had a 6 line in the past. The 6 line is the devil. If you want ANY other vague conspecifics, forget the 6 line. Flasher's are pretty and interesting and PEACEFUL except potentially mixing males can cause problems

I think the flasher would be cool. As they grow comfortable in your tank, they could start eating out of your fingers. So I would say they are peaceful, interesting, and not super shy.

Great. Now I just have to fine the Carpenter. The LFS has a million 6 Lines to one Carpenter. Thanks

LFS's down here in SOFL have been getting them a lot more lately...pretty cheap too....14.99-19.99....beautifully colored too! makes me wish I wasnt overstocked as it is so I could get one!!

Re: Carpenters Flasher Wrasse or 6 Line???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6510066#post6510066 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rickh
I want to add either a 6 Line or a Carpenters Flasher Wrasse to my tank. The 6 line is more common and said to be more aggressive. The Carpenters is supposedly peaceful. Please comment if you have either of these guys. Thanks. R

Flashers are some really interesting critters.
Here is my 5 inch eight line flasher wrasse.
104218mini-104-0463_IMG.JPG

Get one of the internet. If you're looking for other stuff to go to liveaquaria.com and get like $175 worth of stuff and they'll overnight it to you for free.

No, I just got a shipment from liveaquaria.com and one of the sally lightfoot crabs was DOA so I called them and within 2 minutes I got credit for it. They have a 14 day guarantee too.

Back