Chaeto

Crevalle

Will my chaeto grow under my standard fluorescent tube light? It has kept it's color for about three weeks now, but doesn't seem to be growing much. What lights are recommended? I heard someone mention spot-lighting?

In addition, I'm wondering what other macro you guys use other than chaeto? I'm specifically looking for nitrate exporters. Thanks.

Well, I started mine out under 36w pc lighting in a 30 gallon sump/fuge (with about 15 gallons of water).

Did not grow at all - actually was shrinking.

I changed the lighting to 110w PC - all 10K and it is going crazy. More than doubling in size every week.

Using the 65W LOA flood light and macro is growing great. This isn't a recommendation for LOA. Jury still out on their reliability.

Yeah - I was a little disappointed myself.

What I did was bought a Workhourse ballast - only about $40, and a couple PC endcaps and mounted them in an old NO hood I cut to size. Luckily I had a couple old 55w PC bulbs laying around.

the reflector sucks, but the Chaeto does not seem to mind :)

I've never heard of Light of America. Is that incandescent? What can I buy at Home Depot that will work?

LOA is flourescent....

but what I would do instead is get a common socket wit a bell reflector and a spiril light PC and use that....the whole thing cost me like 30 bux at HD

Back