Chico Reef Club Website.

Also, just to point out that as progress goes on with the CRC site to be an effective and efficent message forum, it just seems to me we're trying to recreate what we already have here that works wonderfully. But I sense the motivation for doing so is because we don't have control of the dominion of this thread, and due to the random but entertaining posts by one from Arizona. I for one, still spend much more time on this forum and the others here at RC as it allows me, in one space, to keep track of MARS, BAR, CRC, and RARE, as well as so many other reef aspects.

Josh and everyone: if people wish to use the CRC forum I'm all for it, I just find all the things being requested be done to modify the site are already here. And I find this site to be quite friendly.

I don't know what has happened to get people booted off this site but I'm inclined to believe they probably deserved it. I think the moderators have done their job when I've seen it: 1) someone who got booted tried to come back under a different alias - this got caught, 2) I've seen retail people get spanked for promoting their own store or wares, and 3) repost threads to the correct or more appropriate area with a note in the original posts place. Further, I've seen warnings and threats to close a thread if the slander tone didn't change. All very well within the terms of the forum we all agreed to when we signed up.

That being said I like here, at ReefCentral, how I can go to a specific member and hide his posts because they were becomming really annoying but not so much to cross the line of being booted. Within the thread it still shows said annoyance posted but I can simply bypass its post. There is a link there to open up a window with his previously hidden post if I wish to read it. And that's it. Lets just say while reading the Solaris vs MH thread this was (in the dialect of Borat) AH VERY NIICE. I can see our site being A LONG way away from that feature.

Just to say this forum isn't entirely dead. :D ;)

Last edited:
I would have to agree with you Chris. There are just too many features here that work so well to abandon this forum just yet.

Funny... has anyone in our club been booted off RC? Hmmm.... this is food for thought? Could this be hidden motivation? :D Ha ha.

Like my signature says - Don't Talk About Fish Club!!!

naw just kidding!!! Who doesn't get that by the way?

Well, Reef Cast does promote it's advertisers (i.e. those who send it shwag). Yes those guys do it for free but I can see a conflict of interest there. You're probably not the first person who's said something about it and been squashed so maybe they just made a blanket statement about it. Don't talk about Reef Cast. Interesting thing is that's what you'll go to if you click my little red house. ;) It's been my link ever since episode 2.

Further, I think Melev may even be a part time moderater at this point with all of his posts and generation of activity on this site. Address it to him how you crossed the line and I'd bet he'd be happy to explain the COI.

Also, that may have been an auto filter like trying to type in *** or **** will get automatically filtered. I think i've even done some things that have crossed the line but not yet caught.

Haha well I wasn't too worried about it and yes I've been a listener ever since I first heard it.. The other podcasts on the hobby just aren't as interesting.

i was only letting those that may not know, that we are using our own site more frequently than RC. if i was looking for our club and saw minimal posts i may believe there wasn't a club. i was trying to ensure that didnt happen. thats all. RC is still a valuable resource and it should be used.

No worries... If Life isn't all fun and games, is it really worth it? Its only what you make it to be. I tossed that whole destiny concept a long time ago. Just trying to keep this one a bit active too.

Thanks for chiming in here. Certainly was worth it because CRC site certainly exploded with posts in the last several weeks! Just happy to have both options. Not trying to say anything bad at all but simply too much time on my hands. That's all ;) I was beginning to think I was the only one here after you look at the RC forum and see all the recent thread post's names on the right side are all 'boviac'... it gets pretty lonely. ;) BTW your sump photo looks cool and That's more or less what your tank looked like when I first came over this summer. BTW, that barrel is still in my backyard full of water after the bleach rinse awaiting me to get some vinegar from WinCo or wherever it is cheapest?

Anyone? Where to buy Cheap Vinegar for cleaning calcium etc...

Back