chloramine testing

I had someone test it and yes i have chlorimines. I am by live oak preserve in tampa and I get city of tampa water.

I've read of vitamin C neutralizing chlorine & chloramines. It's used in showerheads so based on educated guess it would work also....

I've read of vitamin C neutralizing chlorine & chloramines

I would be skeptical of this. Acorbic Acid (Vitamin C) may acidify the water slightly - changing the nature of the chlorine or chloramine to Perchloric (perchlorous?) Acid or dichloramine from monochloramine. In any case - your not neutralizing it - your only changing the nature of it. No proof that it's good or bad for fish - but it may be ok for human consumption.

What's the practical application in an RO / DI? are you going to put in an additional stage filled with vitamin C? Pre RO? Post RO? Post DI? Regardless of application - your going to have a potential new carbon source in your saltwater

Sorry I am not familiar with first names here, who is Doug and he has carbon blocks?

That's Drysdale Aquarium up near land o lakes - quite a drive for you if your in Brandon.

Most any LFS in the area should have carbon blocks and the "higher quality chloramine carbon blocks". I put that in quotes because it's just more expensive carbon blocks. The key is to use the 0.5 micron carbon blocks and a good sediment filter - 0.2 micron.

Back