Chris gets a frag tank! (and Hannah gets a couch)

Wow, that is awesome. Okay, after you get a reasonable light-building break, you can start on one for me:fun5:. I am putting my order in:inlove:

I think Chris would lose his mind! But you could ask

You aren't the first person to ask for a light. It wasn't the worst project we have ever done, but it was a lot of planning and the hood was a little tight to fit everything in. But now we know what to do and what not to do if we do ever make another light.

Let's see that long awaited tank shot!!!

The rock work is finished but I can't lift it by myself to get it in the tank, so that has to wait until tomorrow. Then the light has to get hung.

A lot of the delay was waiting the 24 hours required for the cement to cure before putting it in the water. I have been busy with school, so it took me a while to get the rockscape done. And when I finally did get it done we realized it had to sit for 24 hours before putting it in, and Chris is at work....

... so maybe tomorrow?

There is a damsel in it though... :fish2:

Hannah if u want another damsel then u can have the almost full grown one that is in the jail/sump 4 being a bully

Thanks, but we have been trying to get rid of the ones in our 300 for years for exactly the same reason.

The damsel in the 60 is just for cycling. It was the only fish left in a tank we broke down for a guy last weekend (It came home in a water bottle, so we are surprised it lived).

So a thing happened last night...

The entire setup looks so amazingly sleek and the over all effect of the hood and tank is very cool.

Hopefully some corals will go in tonight or sometime this week.

I like how Chris stuffed all that light into the hood. Cubes can be tricky to light. So where is the couch shot?

I like how Chris stuffed all that light into the hood. Cubes can be tricky to light. So where is the couch shot?

I helped get the lights in there too... :sad2:

The couch is actually right up next to the tank

(it's kind of hard to get a good picture when the sun is reflected off the building next to us...)

I helped get the lights in there too... :sad2:

(it's kind of hard to get a good picture when the sun is reflected off the building next to us...)

Maybe a better picture is in order. It is really hard to get a decent angle the apartment is so small.

Getting our new 60 ready for corals! We have some fish running around the tank already, and we have 4 testing corals (a zoa, a mushroom, a birdsnest, and a long branching acro) in. Just the LEDs and the T5s right now. Had fairly good poylp extension the past couple days. May need to change out our return pump, Chris is disappointed by the flow on this one (especially because this is supposed to be a SPS tank)

I call BS. That's not a couch. A couch is a place that you can sit on. That a staging area for reef stuff. :)

Hey! We sit on it....

....sometimes....

...it requires Chris to stop moving for more than 5 minutes....

....which is a lot harder than you would think....

Back