Christmas came early

MJNTWise

7 Year Newbie
Yep I have been a good boy. Switching to Apex
d2701def7a4ea8b661d336449a8137d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice

Nice

Hi Matt nice setup. I too am looking to go to new platform as I am not sure of the future of DA. I was thinking of going ghl.

Apex is not on my radar.

Apex is not on my radar.

That's why I liked archon as its good hardware and a great platform. Just no love on software. Apex has tons of love on theirs. GHL for me or prayers that Eric takes archon to the next level.

Apex much easier then Archon.

Yayyyy! Exciting day! Good luck setting up and getting familiar. Love my apex and all of the modules we have in place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking foward to Ghl move myself. I like DA myself and Archon sounds great (have a bit of programming exp) so software doesnt frighten me. Considered neptune for ease of use plug and play ready to go. But ghl seems to be very solid with its hardware and software. Neptune has had some issues, enough for me personally to make a decision to go Ghl route. That may change in time though with more research..

Apex up and running, now to tidy things up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20171111_112023.jpg
    20171111_112023.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow! So rude of me! I meant to throw a congrats in my last post about the automation upgrade and just rambled on about everything but! Hey I hope you love it to death and it makes your reefkeeping a more pleasurable and easier activity. Awesome purchase.

Awesome Wise! Love my Apex system. What modules did you get? I just got a WXM mod for mine and hooked up both my Vortech pump and Radion lights. Christmas came early for me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the ATO module?

Please let us know how you like it and how the optical sensors work. Congrats!

Is that the ATO module?

Please let us know how you like it and how the optical sensors work. Congrats!

Nope, Auto Feeder....I use optic eyes for ato..I have a SV-1 solenoid valve to control my ato.. There's a lot people having issues with the ATO....

Do you mind if I ask how you connect your optical switches to your Apex? I ordered a few optical sensors online and want to do some kind of DIY ATO and would like to hook it up to the Breakout box or something along those lines.

The optical auto top off sensors do they get affected by salt creep?

Not yet...Fingers crossed....But I do have one set up for back up...A high level Sump one...that will shut down ato and skimmer if its triggered.

Back