Chrub pigmy angel in an SPS tank?

Wiskey

I would like to put a Chrub dwarf (pigmy) angel in my SPS tank, but I have heard lots of storys of Flame angels nipping lately.

Has any one ever had, or heard of a Chrub angel nipping at SPS?

Thanks,
Whiskey

I have tried this, worked well except that I saw much less polyp extension on my acros.

It gets bored i think, and nips everything.

So far it looks like the angel is staying in the softie tank, any more opinions?

Thanks,
Whiskey

My potters nips at everything, and by everything I mean rocks, powerheads, sps, glass, etc. Hes just looking for food, and doesnt bother anything really. I think people see this behavior, and are like OMG, NIPPER.

If hes not tearing off flesh, hes not bothering anything.

I think angels are like 80/20, and people just freak out over some of them that arent really causing any trouble, but there is always the chance that you get one thats bad.

Do you have good daytime pylop extention or do the sps react by pulling in their pylops?

Thanks,
Whiskey

I got polyps everywhere.

My green digi doesnt put out many, but its close to a giant, angry bubble coral, so I Dont think its the angel.

Also, my potters is a jerk.

my clowns spawn every 18 days or so. For the 8 days they have eggs, he harasses the crap out of the clowns. The female beats the tar out of him, and tears him up, but he keeps going back for more. As soon as the eggs are gone, he stops antagonizing the clowns. His fins are usually grown back by the time they spawn again.

I had an Atlantic Pygmy angel in my tank and finally caught her nipping and since I have taken her out I have way more PE and the corals seem better since her removal.

Thanks to everyone who replied, it looks like there are responces from both sides. I think to be safe it would be better to leave him with my softies.

Thanks,
Whiskey

Back