clam behave

khoivo1

hi,,any body know what happen to my clam ?/
he is shooting up like white milk stuff and it making my water so clowdy and milky look,,,any one know what happening?? how do i stop that htnaks

he is spawning.

in our tanks clams spawn as a survival instinct. how long have you had him? have you changed anything recently?

you need to prepare a water change, run some carbon and keep your skimmer clean and running @ 100% to prevent any negative effects from all the gametes in the water

i have this guy for about 6 month ,,,and he just start doing that now,,,so is that bad?? should i do some water change now? very smokey looking water now,,is there anyway to stop him or he will stop oneday?? thanks

yes, you need to do water changes now. i would have thought he'd have stopped by now but with the water so fouled he may spawning over and over.

a spawning incident in our tanks is brought on by stress and is a survival instinct, there may be something wrong with your water params. for now just try to clean the water by skimming and running lots of carbon as well as the water changes.

Back