Clam Issue

Last one I had do this went "poof" and just died and fell apart in hours...
Never did find out why one does the others never a problem.
The slit should be open a bit and you can see the rakers but that looks too much to me.

Hi all! Yea have not had luck with large maximas from the LFS....but I did get a decent size 5 inch ORA Deresa my favorite LFS ordered for me...if you can find a 5 inch or so ORA clam...it is worth it.

I think if my Derasa is still struggling this weekend I'm going to freshwater dip him. Will keep you guys posted. Anyone else have clam issues? Let's keep it going!

Alright everyone. So when I got home from dinner today and saw my Derasa I could see that he is now showing clear signs 100% he has pinched mantle disease. So, I started with the first of three freshwater dips. Boy is he mad, but it only took him about 20 minutes to partially open up after. He's gaping a little but I'd assume that's his way to flush out the fresh water.

170a227e9009b16fece3badeb1b9f4d5.jpg

Will keep everyone posted of progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright so he's still kind of in the same state. The freshwater dip seemed to help for a few days now he looks a bit stressed again. I'm running an ICP Test and moved him In a low light area of the tank.

This part of the mantle concerns me... bottom right.

What do you guys think?

ee3e860203410bda49328d3abfc545db.jpg

How high of a flow was he in when you took that pic. My Teardrop does that at the bottom sometimes but my tank is super high flow so I think it's just the water movement.

How high of a flow was he in when you took that pic. My Teardrop does that at the bottom sometimes but my tank is super high flow so I think it's just the water movement.

My tank is super high flow as well. I have all SPS. I moved him to a more calm area with more consistent flow and lesser light. Maybe the less stress will help him.

Back