Clam?

Alexmmix111

So I bought this coral a few months ago and it was on a rock that kinda looked like a clam but it never opened so I never payed attention to it. But then today I looked and it was open and I'm wondering what kind of clam it is. If it is a clam
092e59bfe0b68cac9786fe9abc67ba8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good or harmless, definitely not bad as long as it isn't multiplying like crazy (which it sounds like it's not)

Most likely just a beneficial filter feeder though.

Good or harmless, definitely not bad as long as it isn't multiplying like crazy (which it sounds like it's not)

Most likely just a beneficial filter feeder though.

Okay cool thank you

A lot of scallops can actually swim so don't be too surprised if he tries to swim away if he's startled or feels threatened. [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I bought a zoa frag on a scallop. Thought it was dead because it hadn't moved or opened for quite awhile. Then one day it was gone. Turns out it somehow swam and attached itself under a ledge on my live rock, killed the zoa's in the process as it kept staying in shadows.

Definitely a fun and unique creature to have though!!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

It will die unless you target feed it regularly. Even then it’s questionable.

Scallops don’t have very good success rates.

It will die unless you target feed it regularly. Even then it's questionable.

Scallops don't have very good success rates.

I dont think you can target feed bivalvias. It will clog their filtering apparatus, which is also their gills. So it will cough it out and close. Particulate matter they filter out needs to be pretty diluted for it to work. Dosing the tank with food is a better option (but impracticable due to excess nutrition).

Back