Clean cycled water.

aznsnakeboy89

Hi, reefers.

My tank is cycling right now and i'm looking to get a few gallons of your reef water to boost up the process. If there are someone that live around Largo going to do water change soon, May i have a few gallons of your water ?

I don't have any frags yet but i can pay you.

Thanks

Bacteria is more present in porous rocks than water, you should ask for a piece of live rock or some rubble.

Thanks guys, i had thought about it. However, i'm afraid of Nudibranch, AEFW or something else that could be living inside the rock :(

How did you guys cycle your tank ? and when do you know that your tank is ready ?

Agreed with the above, your bacteria will be on surfaces rather than the water. As far as knowing when your tank has cycle, you just have to measure the parameters every few days and let it go through the following cycle.

Make sure to measure daily if possible, if this is your first tank. I have seen people measure once after setting up the tank just a week before and assume that because ammonia and nitrites are at zero, the tank already cycled, when in reality, the cycle has not even started for them.

Cycle steps:
  1. Ammonia spike
  2. Ammonia down to 0.00 (Zero)
  3. Nitrite spike
  4. Nitrite down to 0.00 (Zero)
  5. Nitrate spike
  6. Nitrate reduction (This one will not go to zero, but it will go down)

Once this has completed, you are good to start adding your live stock. At least this was my experience.

Good luck!

Clean cycled water.

patience is key! I use the 1 pound of rock per gallon rule, even a pound or two over. And I personally like a deep sand bed. But everyone has there own taste. On my nano I tested everyday, and made an MS excel spreadsheet of my cycle over the course of 35 days... Hope this helps!

Back