Cleaning tank. Let's see them now.

copod

uploadfromtaptalk1409513446334.jpg

What are you wanting people to show/post on? I'm guessing their tank cleaning process?

This is probably not the right forum...[Responsible Reef Keeping] How does this thread relate to responsible reef keeping? But I could be wrong...

looks like hes cleaning his in the second pic. Id be embarassed to show lol I make a salty mess when I clean mine.

I think it is more in line with responsible reefkeeping than many subjects here are- such as whales and dolphins. Keeping a clean tank is the epitome of being responsible.

Does coraline covered glass count as clean? :wildone:

Yes it does count as clean. Coraline is beneficial and has nothing to do with tank being dirty, in fact it helps keep it clean by keeping algae away. Sure it doesn't look as appealing on the glass but I don't think that is the subject here.

I think it is more in line with responsible reefkeeping than many subjects here are- such as whales and dolphins. Keeping a clean tank is the epitome of being responsible.

But how do you actually define "clean"?
I mean there is a number of different types of tanks and biotopes, some even involve intentionally cultivating a rich amount of microalgae for grazers and pods to feed on.

I define clean closer to your example than sterile! But I think clean means having a tank as intended- not neglected.

please, this thread is about serious water changes, not nano ones!

joke/ seriously how many gallons are we talking about?

Anywhere from 1,500 - 2,000 gallons each water change on this one. My volumes on the bigger tanks depend on feeding and water chemistry.

Back