Clearest material for splash guard?

sfelman

So I have decided to remove the glass top from my tank which was likely taking about 10% of my light. I have also decided to replace my splash guard for my t5 bulbs and am wondering what kind of glass/acrylic would be the best to purchase/would let the most amount of light through. Also, where would be a good place in St. Pete area to go to purchase this.

I used 1/4 inch clear screen/netting mounted in Screen Channel. I ended up getting the netting from Amazon because I couldn't find locally, but I also didn't reach out and ask everybody where to get local, they might have some ideas on where. It definitely was an improvement over my glass tops.

I used 1/4 inch clear screen/netting mounted in Screen Channel. I ended up getting the netting from Amazon because I couldn't find locally, but I also didn't reach out and ask everybody where to get local, they might have some ideas on where. It definitely was an improvement over my glass tops.

Im not currently trying to prevent fish from jumping out as I have a clownfish and a puffer right now, neither of which is really known as a jumper, although I will look into it for jumping fish. What I am more concerned with is a splash guard to protect the t5 fixture and bulbs from saltwater corrosion while giving me the least amount of blocked light. I am looking for 1/8 inch and have the other dimensions I need. Just looking for the best kind of glass or acrylic to use and where to get it cut. I currently have a splash guard but it is not the clearest and seems older. I get better par without it, however I am using it to protect from saltwater. I also need to keep in mind that the material will need to stand up to some potential heat from the t5s.

Oh, miss understood. My lights are 8 inches above so haven't had the splash issue. Sorry bout that

Oh, miss understood. My lights are 8 inches above so haven't had the splash issue. Sorry bout that

Thats ok, mine are about 4 inches above but I'm mostly concerned about evaporation. The only time I seem to have splash issues is when I turn my return pump off and then back on(during feeding).

Back