Closed loop 125

Gawdly

I've been serching and using the calculators.

My new 125 in-wall tank is almost... well, in the wall. I'm starting to explore my plumbing plan.

I have the sump and return figured out. Will be using the 2 standard AGA overflows with 1" drain and 3/4" return in each. The drains go to a 10gal fuge, a 29gal sump and an attached 10 gal pump tank. This will flow between 600 and 800gph depending on pump.

What I need help with is a setup for a closed loop. I want to keep good flow my goal is to have a healthy tank for some acros and clams. I heard 20x turn over? Is this a good goal for flow?

I have accepted the fact that I will need to drill my tank :eek1:

How many holes and of what size do I need to drill to accomodate say 2000 - 2500gph. My first thought is 2 @ 1.5" drans in the back tank wall about 2/3 up. Then 4 @ 1" holes 3/4 of the way up. 2 of these on the back wall and one in each end wall.

This sound right? Any suggestions?

Wow... 5000gph = 40x

Based on that and the home page calculator, 2 @ 1.5" drains will work. How high on the back wall should these sit?

Will 4 @ 1" returns be enough for this?

Can someone recommend a good current switching device for this setup? I assume this is a little much for a SCWD...

Maybe I'm approaching this wrong...

Can anyone point me towards pictures or writeups of a good closed loop system in a tank between 100 and 180 gallons?

This is a 72" long tank right? How far from the top and from the sides of the tank did you drill the holes?

Back