Clownfish eggs

vance.110

Hello all. I have a quick question about occolaris clownfish eggs. My clowns have regularly been laying eggs every 2 weeks and I'm going to try to raise the fry now that I have my zooplankton and phyto up and running. I pulled the eggs the day after they were laid and put them in their own small tank with air running over them. Ive been increasing the temp in the hatch tank to about 82 over the course of the last few days. Today I looked at the clutch and a few of the eggs have eyes but most are still orange. Is it normal for them to progress at pretty different rates? Attached is a picture from this afternoon, which is 4 days from when they were laid.
Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• CC36050E-7E5D-4804-B6FC-AF848A108449.jpg
    CC36050E-7E5D-4804-B6FC-AF848A108449.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1
don't pull the eggs until the night they are supposed to hatch, you will have a better chance at having some eggs make it

it wont let me pull the picture up bigger, but the eggs look to be turning white, that is a sign the eggs are going bad that happens when you pull them to early the parents do the best job at preventing that

Well looking at the picture some look they may have eyes and the rest have not developed.
some look empty like they hatched.

It could be what was posted above, it is best to leave them in longer and pull them the day before they hatch..

It may come down to nutrition and the female is not producing viable or good eggs.
Maybe the male did not fertilize them all...

That certainly is not right.

Back